Saturday, January 07, 2006

regeneration.

Hey!

Just got back from JJ Nite. Actually I was back awhile ago but was busy doing some BB stuff.

Recruitment's tomorrow, and even though I'm more or less prepared for tomorrow, I'm still feeling the jitters. We've planned this for almost a month and it'd finally end tomorrow. There's a few unconfirmed-see-how-tomorrow things, so yeah, I guess that's what's bugging me. Oh well. More or less things will go wrong tomorrow (like they ALWAYS do on important days) but yes, we'll overcome them. Hehe.

Anyhoo, JJ nite was awesomely-fantastically-supercalifragilisticexpialidociously great! Them juniors did a great job I guess, better than what we did. And I almost lost my voice, luckily I didn't sing a few songs 'cause I know I'll need it later during recruitment. Speaking of songs, this year's orientation was kinda bizarre. Why? Because there were lesser cheers, lesser performances, no band performances, more unknown dances, more songs. We didn't dance to the likes of Choli Choli, 5 Colours In Her Hair, etc. I wonder why. Instead, there were many lovey-dovey touch-you-touch-me kind of songs. And I was dancing with Khairuldin. So I didn't want to touch him. HEHE.

Yup. I almost met Zong Da's OG group on the way out. It was okay lah, I knew they couldn't hear me with my half-gone voicebox so I wasn't shocked when they stoned with their blur faces when I told them my name was Timothy and whether Zong Da bullied them. Only a guy nodded his head. HAHA.

Was trying to find Alycia during JJ Nite too. Couldn't find her, and she found me halfway during a song instead.

I wanted badly to be a facilitator for the orientation camp, I signed up but pulled out on the same day. Why? Because of recruitment, lor. If there weren't recruitment later, I would be like debriefing my OGLs or having supper with fellow facilitators now. Oh well. I miss orientation. Haven't like danced or cheered for almost a year now. Was kinda surprised that the dance moves came together with the music. I guess I can be a facilitator next year. I hope so.

The nice thing about being an OGL or facilitator is that everyone I've met in JJ so far does what they're supposed to do. Yes, they complain but they still finish what they're supposed to do in the end. Unlike other associates I've worked with before (and some still working together), they finish their job. Simple enough. That's what people wants to hear. No, that's what people NEED to hear. But it really really really to the power of n sucks to work with people who don't want to do what they're supposed to do. Oh well, I guess that's life.

Okay, I hope you enjoyed what basically happened today. Will update you faithful readers on what happens during recruitment okay? :D

PS: I'm hooked on Tainted Friday's cover of All About You. I'm too lazy(and tired) to post the link here, but go google and search for this local band, and download their songs. It's greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Goodnight! Or good morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home