Monday, January 31, 2011

back to our roots, again.

One of the things I have realised over the years is that for us to continually grow, we have to revisit the things which we have experienced before, but not understand. I'm not just speaking about academics. A few years ago, whenever I listened to Hendrix (or at least, tried to), my ears would interpret it as just noise and random shredding. A few years on, as my ears developed, whenever I popped in the Experience Hendrix CD into the laptop, I would realise the guitar mastery of Hendrix, and how much of an influence it had on so many guitarists I have come to love. The whole experience felt as if I were listening to white noise on the radio for so many years and struggling to figure out what it was and meant, and then someone came along and said, 'This is how you do it', and then tuning the radio to a channel that played clear, perfect music.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bárbara said...

Hey Timothy =) I read your comment in my blog. Thank you, you're so sweet. ^^ And about what you wrote 'bout Hendrix, I totally agree. You got a great point of view, really like it.

Bárbara.

6/2/11 9:11 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home