Monday, May 15, 2006

40SAR.

Hey there.

Abit surprised to see an update in the middle of the week? You should be, heh.

I've been posted out! That means I will no longer be in Tekong, in Ninja, and such. Sad, yes.

Come to think of it, it's quite scary. When we booked in last night, they were saying something like '3 more weeks to POP!'. Then I wondered how I would have fared for the past 6 weeks. Just 3 more weeks and they're outta Tekong, but I still have to come back for a recourse someday.

This afternoon after IMT shoot, I received a call from a unit clerk. He said that I will be his understudy (a.k.a mentor) and so I will pack all my barang and report at 40SAR (Singapore Armour Regiment) tomorrow at 8am. So I packed my bags in my bunk, and the most difficult thing was saying your goodbyes to your bunkmates. Those bastards who made your life so terrible, those bastards who made your life so meaningful for the past 6 weeks. Those bastards who suffered with you. I went to every section to say goodbye.

How quaint. I arrived in Tekong 6 weeks ago, made new friends, made some very good friends, and now I have to say farewell. It's fast, barely knowing them and yet missing them so much.

Another difficult thing was saying farewell to the fellow OOTs. Those who did sai-kang with me for the past few weeks. Those, whom who endured the hardship which we weren't supposed to endure.

Some of them have already been posted out, and tomorrow we will be going to our new unit. Sadly, all of us were posted to different units, so we won't be seeing much of each other.

As of this posting, I'm feeling butterflies in my stomach. Why? What scares me most is the life in a unit. I've heard both good and bad things about being in a unit. Rumours about unit life being totally different to BMTC life, a 180 degree turn. My unit is stay in, which means I won't be able to come back everyday, but book out and book in on weekends, like what I'm doing now.

What I'm also afraid is that they'll ask me to do things I'm not supposed to do, like chiong-anything (which why I was OOTed in the first place).

Well, the family recceed the place just now, we found Keat Hong camp, and it looks intimidating.

Let's just hope everything turns out well.

Will post about the difference in unit life this weekend.

See you guys, and please take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home