Thursday, February 16, 2006

okayholga.

Here are a few pics from my Holga cam, dedicated to Daryl's friend! Light leaks, wrong focusing and wrong exposure. For those who don't know, a Holga is some sort of Lomo LC-A, or even the Diana. When I say some sort I mean they produce vignetting, light leaks, etc. What sets the Holga apart though, is its fixed aperture (f11) and fixed shutter speed (1/100). So you can't adjust anything, except selecting the focus points (very near, near, quite far, far, very far). And it uses 120 film, so technically it's a Medium Format camera.

In short, it can be a crappy camera, or a unique one, depending on how you view it.


This shot looks as if some UFO is landing anytime soon.


This shot was from my balcony, overlooking my kindergarten, you can also see the Jurong East MRT train tracks. When I look at this picture it gives me a rustic, some olden days kind of feeling.


This shot was taken at Little India, I forgot to focus so it came out like that.


A shot of a fruit stall along Little India, on the right hand side of the frame you can actually see a part of the next frame. On a Holga, you have to manually wind the film to the next frame, and to 'rewind' on a 35mm (I modded mine), you have to open the camera back and use your fingers to roll the frames back into the spool.


I actually like this shot the most, except for the accidental multiple exposure which kills it (forgot to advance the frame). If you see carefully, you can see a part of the previous frame on the left hand side. I have no idea what the shiny thing on the right hand side of the frame is. Maybe it was a stall at the Thieve's Market.

This one shows a wide view of the photo 2 pictures back. The tomato picture wasn't taken from this stall, it was taken at a stall to the left of the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home