Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas

Good evening all.

In about half an hours time, people in Singapore would be opening presents, drinking, making merry. Yup, it's that time of the year again, the day to commerate the birth of Jesus Christ, Christmas!

To me, Christmas is not only about caring and sharing, about love and joy, but it is also a day that changed the world. Jesus Christ was born. He was the One who died on the Cross for us, and took away our sins.

I always like to tell myself, "Don't think too much about the presents, instead, think of the people out there who wish for a meal on the table."

There are people out there who are not as fortunate as us all. They don't have enough food to eat, clothes to wear, much less presents.

Christmas to me also signifies the end of the Sharity Gift Box, which has taught me something. Last year, I was one of those doing deliveries. For the uninitiated, the BBSGB is when we donate, pack and deliver goods that the public gives to those not fortunate enough to have it.

I remember clearly that we were at Toa Payoh Lorong 1. It was dark already and pouring. But we still had one or two deliveries to do. We went to one of the houses, and to my shock, it was bolted shut and dark. The grille had about 5-6 padlocks on it. We knocked, and this old man came answering. We told them that we were there to deliver foodstuff to him and he said he couldn't accept. Why? Because he didn't had the keys to the locks. So we had to open up everything and pass it to him one item by one item.

I think about the people in Cambodia, I bet they aren't celebrating this, save a few. I wonder what Van San, what Reaksa is doing now. Are they celebrating? Or are they spending this day like any other? I speak without a doubt: The people in Cambodia needs to learn about Christ, but unfortunately those who already do are being persecuted by their own villagers, psychologically.

To those who are celebrating, we are the lucky ones.

So a Merry Christmas to all, may all your dreams come true. Hope you don't get coal. :)

Sompre Protin Pro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home