Thursday, December 23, 2004

Missing you, Cambodia.

First of many updates of life in Cambodia.

I've learnt alot.

Touched down @ Changi Airport on the 18th Dec, 2pm. Had mixed feelings when the plane landed. A part of me wanted to go home, to the comfort of technology and the warmth of my family. Another part of me wanted to stay in Cambodia, with Reaksa and his family, with Chork and Narath, with the Cambodia YEP team. What can I say? I've experienced lots with them, be it happy or sad. We played, slept, bathed, worked, studied, praised the Lord, sang, laughed, everything together. The past 17 days.

It's always the same: on the 2nd of December, we met at Changi Airport at 5.45am. I still can strongly envisualise the scene there. Really memorable. Was kinda sad to leave Singapore and my family. Then 17 days later, I can't bear the leave Cambodia and go back to Singapore.

What we learnt was really uncomprehensible with words. It was a case of more than words. The bond, the friendship, the love and care we showered with each other, the times we urged each other to 'drink more water!'. The unique ways of how we behaved, how we reacted at times.

The memorable times we shared at work, at play, the late night Pow Wow sessions by our dear Ruby, the truthfulness we had when we were sharing our Life Journeys, the Polar Bear and Policeman game, the bond with the high school kids, the catapult shooting with Chork, Narath, the places we visited, the bugs we ate, the bugs that bugged us, the dish washing, setting up, cold nights, countless shooting stars, song leading, falling ill, romantic baths, eating, drinking litres of water per day, shitting, laming, plain having fun.

All this I will miss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home